Friday, April 17, 2009

Support LOVE. ☮


My note states:
Please understand my reasons for not speaking today. I am participating in the National Day of Silence, a youth movement protesting the silence faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, adn transgender people and their allies in schools. My deliberate silence echoes that silence, which is caused by harassment, prejudice, and discrimination. I believe that ending the silence is the first step toward fighting these injustices.
It is a special day to support individuals who are scared to tell their friends and family how they feel inside. They are forced to be silent out of fear. Today we are their champions and allies... Today we are their voice.
--
I wore this today at school around my neck in supporting the National Day of Silence.
--
In the picture, notice there is some purple tape with the words "Support LOVE" writin upon it, I proudly wore that tape across my mouth today and didn't utter a word.
--
Even though I support all of this... My orientation is still and always will be Straight.
Thank you. (:
&& Support all LOVE.

No comments: